Last weekend I was able to attend my cousin's wedding in Salt Lake. My mom, aunt, cousin, and I made the trip down and took advantage of not having any husbands with us. We made it to BOTH Tai Pan and IKEA, two stores that Greg is not at all interested in going to with me. They are definitely the type of stores that are more fun to shop at with other women who understand their shopping goodness!
At IKEA I finally found some barstools! I had been looking for a while (since Christmas when I received some gift money that I immediately designated as "new barstool money").
The barstools we first bought when moving into this house were not the best. They've dwindled from four to two over the years and the two left were starting to fall apart. The tall red barstools were a thrift store find a couple years ago and great for the kids, but not too comfortable for adults to sit on.
Please ignore my messy kitchen and dirty floor...I took this picture right after lunch and was too excited to put the new barstools together to clean-up!
I'm LOVIN my nice new MATCHING set of barstools!
I should point out that the first barstool took me about 45 minutes to assemble (well, really about an hour if you count the 15 minutes I took a break after giving myself a black eye while putting them together...long story), the fifth barstool took about 7 minutes. If you ever purchase these stools from IKEA and live close, call me and I would be happy to assemble them for you. I'm an expert now.
The other thing I've been on the lookout for is new wreaths for my front doors (yes, I have two of them). I wanted something that matched the black, was simple yet had a little "pop" to them, and would work for most seasons so that I didn't feel like I had to constantly be changing them. I'm happy to say I finally found the perfect wreaths at Tai Pan...
Again...please ignore the dirty door. I painted them black to hide the fly specks (which we get a lot of around here...livin by a dairy and all ;) that always showed up on my old red doors...I forgot that black showed dirt even more (which we also get a lot of...livin on a farm and all :). Good thing I now have cute wreaths to distract visitors from my dirty doors!
Super cute! Love it all!
ReplyDelete