Friday, February 17, 2012

I've done it again

Sometimes as a mother I'm not sure if I should be proud or worried when I've passed on another one of my traits to my children.

For example:   I'm kind of a planning freak.  Every night I have to sit down and write out a "to do" list and schedule for the next day.  I also have to check off things from my list every night (and write in the stuff I did that I didn't plan on just so I can check it off...yeah, I'm messed up!)  Greg has never understood why I do this.  He simply thinks about what he needs to do and goes to sleep (or just doesn't think about it at all ;).  Me?  I have to SEE it all written out in order to wrap my brain around everything.  I can't relax until I've done this. 

This is one of those traits I don't necessarily want to pass on to my kids but I figured if I did, it would most definitely be Wyatt since he's already a little OCD like me.  Imagine my surprise when I saw this well planned out list created by my eldest child:

Lydia's supposed to be just like her father.  He would NEVER make a list like this.  I have to admit...I'm a little proud! ;)

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Heaven help her. Although I must admit, I especially enjoy #12.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Gwen,
    I think I know where you inherited this wonderful trait. There is nothing like a
    "TO DO" list when cleaning the house, shopping, planning a party, or well just anything... Once it is on a list you just feel like the job is half done, right? Now I have to make lists just so my forgetful brain won't forget to do it. Something you get to look forward to;)
    Try as I may, I can't get your father to follow "TO DO" lists. I've made many and he forgets to take them. (example) #1.Clean Shop #2.Finish building corrals #3.Clean inside pickup! #4.Repair fences #5.Vaccinate cattle etc. His life would be so much more organized if he would just listen to me...
    I did notice that Lydia left something off her "TO DO" list. #13.Sneek up when everyone is asleep, turn on lamp & read book until I fall asleep. (or until my mom finds me and makes me stop because she has just finished reading her book) That most definitely didn't come from me! That would be from your father....
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete