This cute girl of mine cracked me up during the parade at our 24th of July celebrations. We showed her how to hold her hand over her heart when the flag passed. As the parade continued and candy was being thrown, she would run out and grab the candy, and then quickly put her hand back on her heart again. Unfortunately for this picture, she closed her eyes just in time.
On the Friday before the 24th of July, Greg, Lou, and I (along with other members of Greg's family) were able to go to Salt Lake and spend an afternoon with Greg's uncle, Elder Neil L. Andersen. What an amazing opportunity it was. That evening we attended the Pioneer Celebration in the Conference Center that is put on by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. It was Lou's first time in the conference center. I think she was impressed! The program was amazing and uplifting. It was focused on honoring our pioneers and also those that have served in the military. It's impossible to attend something like that and not be uplifted, inspired, and proud of your heritage and of your country. I'm thankful for the opportunity we had to attend.
I love this country. Even when in times of strife and turmoil, I'm thankful to have been born in this land of the free. I'm thankful for those who have fought, and who fight and serve today to keep it that way. I'm also thankful for the early pioneers. For their faith, dedication, and ability to overcome the trials that were placed upon them.
Oh the lessons we can learn from all of these great examples in our history.
No comments:
Post a Comment