Thursday, March 8, 2012

Ouch!

Greg has been playing basketball most Wednesday nights for the last several years.  The last couple of months he has come home complaining that he's getting old and every Thursday morning he moans and groans as he's getting out of bed because he's so sore.  Three weeks ago he came hopping in with this lovely little injury...


Except that it wasn't lovely, and it definitely wasn't a "little" injury.  I was sure it was broken but he insisted it was just sprained.  I've never seen him in so much pain.  For a while I though he was going to pass out from the pain (I even tried to teach him some labor breathing techniques to help him through the pain...he thought I was crazy ;)  I planned to take him to the Dr. the next morning to at least have it looked at but he insisted he was fine and needed to work anyway.  He woke up Thursday morning, forced his swollen ankle into his work boots (he thought he was going to have to wrap it in a garbage sack because his foot wasn't fitting in the boot, but he got it on), and went to the dairy.

We never did go to the Dr., but just so you all don't think I was over-reacting, here's what it looked like 2 days later...


and here's what it looked like two weeks later...


He says it still hurts a little but "It's FINE" (while rolling his eyes...which he's also done while I've made him pose for these pictures ;). 

1 comment:

  1. Brandon did the same exact thing a few years ago..those Andersen boys! They think they know best ;) He actually just tweaked his ankle playing basketball again tonight..

    ReplyDelete