I think I may have forgot to mention that I turned 30 a couple weeks ago. It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be! I'm actually looking forward to my thirties. When I think back to my twenties, I can't help but be grateful for all the important events that have happened in my life in the last decade. For example:
I got married...to the greatest, most handsome, and funniest (for the most part ;) guy EVER!
I graduated from BYU (with a two week old baby no less!)
I've been pregnant 4 times
(with two of those pregnancies though fertility help)
wye's face says it all...I do get big!!!
Four pregnancies means four BEAUTIFUL babies!!!
I've traveled my fair share with the hubby (fair share considering the kiddos in the mix!):
Seattle - Our Honeymoon! (2002)
Cancun (2007)
Chicago (2009)
Arizona (2009)
Kirtland, Palmyra, Rochester, and Pennsylvania (2009)
Oklahoma (2010)
Florida - DISNEY WORLD (2011)
and many farm bureau and dairy trips...my favorites (because they are usually free!)
I had cancer and surgery to remove the cancer in 2008...Malignant Melanoma to be exact.
(not exactly a "great" event, but pretty life-altering to say the least and an important part of my twenties...hopefully not a part of any other decade though! ;)
first time I've ever publicly shown this picture...you should feel special!
I've also had many different church callings, settled in a wonderful community, learned that motherhood is the most rewarding job, found out I love running...go figure, made life-long friends, and enjoyed many, MANY holidays and events with family and friends.
Yep, for the most part, my twenties were pretty good to me!
So...Bring on the thirties! I'm ready and excited to see what lies ahead.
and thankfully I have a mother who will still make me a birthday cake...even when I'm thirty!
fun little fact: All the girls in my family celebrated their golden birthday's this year:
I turned 30 on the 30th
Aimers turned 3 on the 3rd
and Lou turned 8 on the 8th
Kinda fun!




Gwen,
ReplyDeleteI loved this post. What an incredible decade for you. It kind of made me sad, realizing I'd only intersected with you briefly during those ten years (I remember you pregnant with L) at BYU. I'm feeling the same about my 20's... they have been great.
Cali
ps. you look AMAZING. I loved seeing your birthday pictures, you look absolutely beautiful.
I loved this! What a great idea. You are an amazing woman and we are very grateful to know you. AND you look fantastic in your birthday pictures. Honestly amazing!
ReplyDeleteYou know what? I am so glad you wrote this post. So glad. I'm going to quit bemoaning that I just turned 40, and OWN it instead. You have motivated me. Happy Birthday (a little late.)
ReplyDelete