Monday, September 17, 2012

Dallin's Dilemma


The other day during school, Dallin was keeping himself busy playing with Amy's toys (he takes full advantage of her being gone to preschool when she can't stop him from playing in her room).  He came out after a little while pushing this little pony car full of chalk and with a baby doll in it.  He was becoming increasingly frustrated that the doll wouldn't stay put and whenever he tried to push it down farther the door would pop open on the car which frustrated him even more.  He was screaming loudly during all this frustration and Wyatt was beginning to get upset because he couldn't concentrate.  I told Wyatt to take a break for a minute while I helped Dallin.  He asked what Dallin's problem was and I calmly replied, "Dallin's having a little dilemma because his baby doll won't fit in the pony car."

A few seconds later Lydia hollered from the dining room (where she was working on an assignment),
"Mom?  Do you have any idea how weird...and funny that just sounded?!"

Good point my dear!  We moms do say some crazy things throughout the day thanks to our children.  The part that makes me smile the most is that I have a daughter old enough to catch on to the humor in statements like that!

No comments:

Post a Comment