Well....we are trying to get ready for our first year of homeschooling! One of the main things was getting our school room ready. We converted the T.V. room (that we didn't have a t.v. in anyway) into our school room since it's right off the kitchen and a main part of our house. I had the basement space to make a school room, but couldn't see us locked away in the basement all day long. So far we've liked having most of our schooling take place in the middle of all the action ;)
The biggest challenge with this room is that there isn't any wall space. I picked up a white board that has come in handy (Wyatt will write almost anything as long as it's on the white board...I pick my battles) so I really wanted to make room for it.
Here's what I was working with:
My only option was to go ghetto and board up some windows. I coudn't bear to board up both of them and do away with all the natural light, so I only covered up one which means we are only half ghetto.
I popped the trim off so that the white board would lay flush against the wall and then recruited my handsome handy man (I knew Greg was good for this job...still can't convince him to tackle our bathroom though) and we screwed the white board into place.
It works! It was worth having the extra wall space for now.
Lydia had fun putting up all the "extra" stuff and was excited to show it all to Amy the next morning.
So...now I think we are officially READY.
(and we are one step closer to having a safer home if ever there's a tornado)
No comments:
Post a Comment