Sunday, October 9, 2011

Birthday Time!

This HANDSOME kid is now officially SIX!

 He loves his "BIU" football jersey he got from Grandpa and Grandma A.  He even wore it for show & tell this last week.

His main birthday request was an aquarium and a fishing pole...we were a little worried he thought the two went together, but luckily he's smarter than we gave him credit for ;)  He really likes fish right now and we were lucky enough to be given an aquarium from a family moving, so the birthday boy's wish was granted!
The day before his birthday we took all the kids to the pet store to pick out some fish.  He picked out a beta fish that day and has since added four more fish.


On the morning of his birthday, Lou and Aimers gave him this note:


He loved being the center of attention for the day!


We made fish cupcakes to share with his class...



...and a lemon fish cake for the family.

 (Out of all the kids, Wye usually has the most exciting cakes because he cares the most.  He usually tells me EXACTLY what he wants and it's hard to ever change his mind.  I thought the fish theme was pretty cute though.)

 we crammed cake and ice cream in right before soccer games!


I love this kid so much!!!  It's hard to believe he is now six, but it's been fun to watch him grow and mature over the years.  And I think now that he has his new aquarium (and fishing pole, thanks to Grandpa and Grandma W.), he probably better start asking for his two front teeth for Christmas! ;)

1 comment:

  1. What cute fish!

    What cute kids.

    I had a flashback of you as a little girl when I saw Amy's curly hair.

    ReplyDelete